Monday, May 24, 2010

Hand painting commentary with pics!

As promised, I took pictures of my oh-so-lucscious hand-painted yarn!

My first attempt was with a sock weight wool. I attended the workshop with my good friend and long-time knitter, Melissa. She came to the workshop with a clear picture in her mind to use as inspiration--a beautiful tree with large cream-colored flowers and small, purple accents. I came to the workshop with no plan at all, but soon realized that I needed a plan because all of the colors seemed great to me.

I soon decided that my wedding day would be great inspiration. Jose and i were married at Duke Gardens in Durham. I chose a pink that reminded me of my stargazer lilies, a green that reminded me of the entire backdrop of the gardens and a lavender that reminded me of Jose's shirt and tie and my niece's flower girl dress.















































































Here's the product...how'd I do?


































My second attempt (this time a DK wool) started out as a teal and gray combo...then I added raspberry and kiwi green to the mix. I think it turned out pretty well for something that I didn't plan:


















Stay tuned for the knitted results...I'm taking pattern suggestions for both yarns!




2 comments:

  1. You did an excellent job representing those colors in your yarn- it's beautiful and has such a special meaning behind it!

    ReplyDelete