Monday, May 14, 2012

dye night

I've been completely unmotivated to dye yarn lately, but I was very excited about the opportunity to help my friends dye some yarn. It was really exciting to watch them come up with the concept for their color and decide which colors to mix to get there.


The entire process has lost its magic for me because I've done it so many times, but seeing their excitement really renewed my own enthusiasm. The process of dyeing is easy, but it does require all of this separate equipment, which is a huge hassle for someone who only wants to do it every now and then. So I'm glad I could host them (and I hope we can all do it again!) Honestly, I'm scheming for a shawl dye-a-long/knit-a-long.

Melanie took many more pics than anyone else, so check out her commentary on the evening as well.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being the hostess with the mostest!!!!! I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete