Wednesday, May 16, 2012

31 things to do before I turn 31

Melanie got me on the idea that I should make a list of 31 things to do before I turn 31 (September 23, 2013). So I have time, I just need the list. Check out what I have so far and help me add to it!

1. knit with buffalo yarn - I've heard it's marvelously soft and luxurious. And expensive. I must acquire some and knit with it.

2. finish two quilts - I've started a few, but I need to come full circle. Finish strong!

3. make and can apple butter - For two years I've said I would do this and I haven't. I need to buckle down and make it happen.

4. go snorkeling - I love the water, but I've always been scared of it. Scared of drowning, scared of sharks. Now that I can actually swim, I want to make my snorkeling dreams come true.

5. paint/organize the hall closet - This has been on my to-do list since we moved into the house (three years ago!). Has to get done.

6. participate in a color run 5K- These look ridiculously fun...and there's one in Charlotte this year. Gotta do it.

7. make pickles - Again, I say every year that I'm going to make pickles and I never do. Boo. Now is the time!

8. finish the Game of Thrones series - I'm stalled in this series because I'm watching the show and alot of the content aligns. I need to just commit and get through the first 1.5-2 books to new storylines!

9. catch a drumstick from Fred - CHECK! Did this just a few months ago. Been trying for a while, which made my success THAT much sweeter!

10. make progress towards writing a book - This has been on my to-do list since I was 7. I think it's time to just do it.

11. get Puggie to the beach - When we thought Puggie might have cancer, all I could think about was the number of things I wish I could do with/for her. She loveloveloves the sunshine, and I think she'll love the beach. We're on our way there this weekend, with BOTH dogs in tow! Hope she enjoys the warmth, the sand, and the salty air :) Oh, and she definitely doesn't have cancer. She's a healthy girl!

12. get a facial - I always say I'm going to treat myself and I never do. But I should. Before turning 31.


2 comments:

  1. fun list. you'd think as much as I love lists I'd have made a list like this before! I can't wait to read the posts as you tick these off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you started a list! You can add find a new job.

    ReplyDelete