Monday, August 13, 2012

stripe study: complete




I actually *have* been knitting, just not blogging much. Major props to the creative folks who do both on a regular basis.

The stripe study was my Alaska/Seattle travel project, and it shows. There are some minor bobbles here and there where you can tell I was knitting while toasting the bubbly, or trying to knit on a bumpy flight. Ultimately, I'd rather spend my time knitting and not un-knitting, so I left it as-is.

My only other complaint is that I ran out of red yarn and couldn't include the last stripe. That's partially my fault...while I had more than enough yardage, I did go up a needle size since I'm a tight knitter. So I bought 440 yards of the gray and 440 yards of the red - ran out of red, had a whole extra skein (220) of gray. Snap. I'll definitely knit it again, with different colors next time. I'm thinking gray and a bold raspberry or maybe gray and a deep purple. Or maybe I'll go outside of my color comfort zone and do something really different (riiiiight...we'll see!).

More FOs and UFOs to come...

1 comment: