Saturday, July 21, 2012

i knit a sweater, yo!




I have unofficially declared 2012 "the year of finishing stuff". I actually have so much to do that I don't even know how I can finish it all. And that's assuming that I don't start anything new (ha!). One of my 2011 goals was to knit a wearable, so I started the Asymmetrical Raglan Cardi from the Fall 2010 issue of Knit Simple. At a certain point I got a little bored with it and it was cast to the side. For months and months. So I put it on my 2012 list of things to do (or in this case, finish).

And I did. And it is lovely.

I love the textured detail at the edges and collar:



Ends are weaved, but the buttons haven't been sewn on just yet. I got some lovely brown buttons made from coconuts. I think they will bring out the brown flecks in the tweed yarn. Love, love.

Now all I need is cooler weather so I can show 'er off!

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever know that you're my hero?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how can i be your hero, when you're MY hero? riddle me THAT!

    ReplyDelete