Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Dip

I've never been a pumpkin fan. Not sure why. In the past few years, America's sweetheart gourd has really grown on me. So when one of my fabulous neighbors approached me with this pumpkin pie recipe, I whipped it up the very next day. First of all, I had all of the ingredients in my cupboard. Second of all, it was crazy easy (and in addition to promising that it was easy, he assured me it was delicious). Third of all, I had a party the next day, so it filled a crucial food slot.

Verdict: it was easy, it was delicious and I will most certainly make it again!

Ingredients:
1 8oz cream cheese (softened)
1 can pumpkin
3 cups confectioners sugar
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

Instructions:
beat the cream cheese and confectioners sugar together with mixer on low setting. (powdered sugar will go everywhere!)
add 1 can of pumpkin and all spices. mix well.
refrigerate for 3 hours before serving. serve chilled.
serve with cinnamon graham crackers and ginger snap cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment