Monday, January 10, 2011

Wait, they're supposed to match?!




















I've had two socks on the needles for MONTHS...and we're not talking about two-at-a-time matching socks. No, I was working on the first sock in two separate pairs. It was a little like second sock syndrome, but with the first sock.

Over Christmas, I decided that this was a little ridiculous and made it my goal to finish them both before beginning anything else. Now that I've made good on that, I'm aiming to finish the mates to both before attempting new projects. I make no promises.

The Crimson Pride sock yarn was definitely disappointing. The colors do pool and I tried several different patterns before settling on this alt waffle rib. Such a boring pattern, but I think it was probably the best I could do with the yarn.





















The purple Malabrigo did not disappoint. The subtle variations of color allowed for a more complex pattern that I love love love! It's a 14-row pattern called "scrolls". Not horribly difficult, but it does require more attention than I'm used to giving...great for solo air travel and during TV shows that I don't care much about.

close-up of the pattern scrolls pattern:

No comments:

Post a Comment