Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pleat purse, pre-felt

For Christmas, Jose gave me the yarn needed to make a felted bag that I've been eyeing on KnitPicks. It wasn't cheating, because I didn't buy it. Anyway, I've finally finished knitting it, and I think it's fabulous. It's heavy, but fabulous. Now comes the hard part: felting it. I call it the 'hard part' because I'm scared to put it in the washing machine and relinquish control of it. What if I overfelt it like I did the drink cozies?

If it turns out well, this may a frequent pattern for me. The materials are not terribly expensive and I can knit it while watching TV...perfect! I would like to try some different colors next time. And I've been scheming to reduce the pattern to make a smaller version for my niece. That's a lot of math...

I wish there was a professional felter that you could call to finish big projects like this. Like a base runner. Or a pinch hitter. Ah well, stay tuned for the finished product (for better or worse)!

No comments:

Post a Comment