Friday, November 26, 2010

Crimson Pride

I grew up in a household that recognized college football as the single most important entity known to the world. And the University of Alabama was the most important piece within that entity. So with that in mind, coupled with the fact that the U of A is now my Alma Mater, I'm a pretty hardcore fan. That's why, when I found out that Serendipity Needleworks in Tuscaloosa, AL was having Lorna's Laces custom dyed in lots called "Crimson Pride", I knew I had to have some. Well, I knew I had to have some more. My friend Melissa gave me my first skein and I made a hat. I was so thrilled that I called and ordered two more skeins for a scarf. Then, on my next visit to Tuscaloosa, I bought two skeins in sock weight. The projects are both on the needles and have been stalled for a bit, but in honor of today's Iron Bowl, I thought they should both be featured. And probably finished. Soon.

both projects...



















a close-up of the scarf, knitted in the Easy Drop Stitch pattern...















the sock. an incredibly boring pattern, which is why it is stalled...















ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

3 comments:

  1. That is some seriously pretty yarn. Yes, my Auburn self said that. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, high compliments coming from you two! I discovered yesterday that I had so much yarn that I could make the scarf pretty lengthy AND have a hat! More photos to follow :)

    ReplyDelete