Wednesday, November 23, 2011

a special yarn deserves a special pattern...



I love the colors in this yarn, I really do. But I bought it at a time that I was really buying yarn for what it looked like in the skein, and not for what I might do with it. I've cast on with it several times and I've frogged and frogged and frogged. I'm not frogging because I don't like the way it looks, it's because I'm waiting for it to be SPECTACULAR.

My friend Melissa made a sock in the Kiertoradalla pattern, and I'm thinking that this might be the one. But before I cast on again (and hopefully for the last time) I want to see if anyone has any better ideas. I'm always impressed with the yarn/pattern combos that you all pick, and I'd like you to weigh in now. Doesn't have to be socks, just has to be awesome.

Bring it.

1 comment:

  1. Socks are probably your best bet with variegated, and since I'm not a sock knitter I have no suggestions for you there.

    About the only non-sock patterns I've seen that I like in variegated are the shawls by Martina Behm. Her patterns have been popular in our knitting group this year, so you've probably seen them. She uses ~550 yds, but a lot people make them with one standard 440 yd ball. Here's her design page on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/designers/martina-behm

    ReplyDelete