Thursday, November 17, 2011

bell pepper stuffed burgers



Sometimes I just want a good burger. It isn't often at all, but when the craving is there, it's real. My stuffed Greek burgers were so good that I thought they could never be topped. But then...

Last month we were getting a crazy influx of bell peppers in the garden and we could hardly cook them fast enough. Side note: it's so frustrating how the bounty seems to come in waves. Anyhoo, we were going to grill the peppers and add them to the top of the burger and I suggested grilling and stuffing them instead. We topped the burgers off with crispy bacon and creamy gorgonzola, and served them with a side of an old childhood favorite - tater tots.

As another side note, Udi's gluten free buns are pretty delicious (especially when toasted on the grill). So much more satisfying than going bun-less.

This was just one day's harvest. I think we picked just as much the next day:


No comments:

Post a Comment