Friday, February 17, 2012

sunshine blanky


As soon as I found out that my friend and his wife were expecting, I started plotting a hand-made gift. I bought some Bernat Baby Softee in Citron (nursery colors are yellow and grey), and I altered a few patterns to suit the yarn.

Holding the yarn double, cast on 110.
Knit 4 rows.
Row 5: K5, pm, K50, pm, P50, pm, K5
Row 6: K5, sm, K50, sm, P50, sm, K5
Repeat row 6 until the blanket is about 18 inches, or half the length desired.
Next row:
K5, sm, P50, sm, K50, sm, K5
Repeat this row until the second set of blocks is the same length as the first, knit 4 rows, bind off loosely.

Love the way it turned out - very soft and squishy, but light (summer baby).

1 comment:

  1. That was quick! Didn't you just post on FB that you were going to make something babyish?

    ReplyDelete