Monday, February 20, 2012

an intro to demolition

On my 2012 goals list was the task of tearing down the planter boxes on the front of the house. I think my biggest fear in taking on the project was that whatever was behind the boxes would be hideous. Ultimately, the eyesore that was the boxes overcame my fear.

See what I mean?

The other set didn't look quite as bad, but still pretty awful.



I'm also intimidated by demo work, so Jose offered to help me check this item off my list. Each set of boxes took 1-2 swipes from his mallet...they really wanted to be taken down and put to rest. I was a little nervous about the crude board with tons of bulky screws holding them up...

Once it came down, we saw that the decorative boards that match the other windows are there, and they don't look so bad. I need to pull out our house touch-up paint to get the bricks that were behind the boxes. But that will only come after we clean and scrub the dirt and filth.

This whole thing reminded me the next wave of house painting is our windows and trim. The color we painted the brick is a cool, sleek grey, so we can either go with white, a darker grey, or black. Decisions, decisions.

3 comments:

  1. Yellow and gray work well together. http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/color-inspirati-6-92232

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love it on the inside...not sure about taking that leap on the outside. we would be making a statement for sure.

    i want to see pics of your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My decor is so incomplete! I have some furniture on back order and still have yet to hang any of my frames photos/art. Maybe I'll take some "halfway there" shots, for posterity.

    ReplyDelete