Tuesday, March 29, 2011

strawberry sauce

Friday I realized that we had about 4lbs of strawberries that weren't going to make it through the weekend. I found some recipes for strawberry puree (mostly called strawberry sauce) and I made up my own.

1lb fresh strawberries, halved
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. Add more water as needed for desired consistency.

The puree can be used for cocktails, on pancakes or ice cream, and in cakes or pies.


fresh strawberries...















my 1oz cubes...















i had more puree than ice trays, and
delicious strawberry lemonade
was had by all...



















4 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I'll be trying this.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I have strawberries I need to do something with! Think I might try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, its really really good! jose made cocktails with the cubes this weekend and they were out of this world!

    ReplyDelete