Thursday, March 31, 2011

strawberry sherbet

In my quest to find ways to use our strawberries, I stumbled upon a sherbet recipe. I tweaked it a bit and the result was deeee-lish!

Recipe:
1lb frozen strawberries, halved
6oz vanilla yogurt
4oz water
6 tablespoons sugar

Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth with the consistency of icing. It's easy to over-process, so be watchful.

Yields 4 servings.

the ingredients:



















the finished batch:















As always, I learned a few things while making the sherbet.
1) I have a small food processor and the frozen strawberries were a little too much for it. I could definitely smell a little bit of motor burn...next time I will quarter and freeze the strawberries. And I might cut the recipe in half.
2) I started out with less water (maybe 2oz) and then kept adding to get the right consistency. That worked really well.
3) Other recipes recommended 2 tablespoons of sugar, but our strawberries were pretty bitter, so I would start with 2 and then taste/add as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment