Monday, May 2, 2011

my big fat greek burger

I've been on a mission to make Greek burgers since my friend Christy first mentioned them. The first order of business was making her tzatziki sauce.




I probably should have used more dill, but I ran out. In any case, it was much more delicious than any pre-made tzatziki I've ever had. I highly recommend.

On to the burger. I heavily seasoned the meat and created two thin-ish patties for each burger. In one side I embedded black olives and on the other, I piled up feta cheese. Piled it. Then I carefully pressed the two sides together (all ingredients inside) and mashed the edges together (a la pie crust edging) to ensure that it was sealed to perfection. Four minutes on each side on the grill, topped them with my tzatziki sauce and voila!



Jose wants to note that the burger is best enjoyed with local Big Boss brew, Hell's Belle pale ale. Runner up names for the burger included: burger of the gods and the olympus burger.

1 comment:

  1. wow. that looks so much better than our burgers. The whole smashing two thin patties together for one monster patty is winning.

    I'm glad you like the tzitiki. Jeremy can't even order it at restaurants anymore because he says mine is much better.

    ReplyDelete