Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Birthday, Hadley!



My friend Hadley's birthday festivities were last night and I happily accepted the assignment of baking her birthday cake. My target was a white cake with butter cream icing, so I went to my local baking foodie friend, Karin. She has an amazing blog all about her culinary masterpieces, and her parents own a bakery...so yeah, she has some pretty great recipes. Never one to let me down, she provided a mouthwatering set of recipes! I made two small modifications: I added green food coloring to the icing and I shaved white chocolate chunks all over the cake.

The verdict: super delicious, but my cake icing/decorating skillz need work. Oh no - I guess I'll have to make some more cakes for practice...



1 comment:

  1. Looks like it turned out good - it rose really well, congrats! Thanks for the S/O [that's 'shout-out', I just learned that today :)]

    ReplyDelete