Thursday, April 7, 2011

Minty mint mint


Every year Jose talks about growing mint to use in summer cocktails, but he never buys the plants. Last week my friend Holly mentioned all the varieties she saw at the Raleigh Farmer's Market, so we headed there on Saturday.

He picked three varieties - Kentucky, Orange, and Candy. The only thing he plans to do is pick fresh leaves for mojitos and such, so my question to you all is: what are some ways that I can preserve it for use throughout the fall and winter?

Of course, if you have cocktail recipes to share, I'll take those too!

1 comment:

  1. I have no clue about mint, but one of the ways I learned you could preserve basil last year (and this might work for mint) is to freeze it in ice cube trays filled with water. But as much mint as you would need for once serving then fill with water and freeze and store in bags in freezer Thaw the cubes as needed.

    We use our mint for mint ice tea and in late fall when it dies, it's gone.

    ReplyDelete