Monday, January 30, 2012

fried chicken...gluten-free!




Before going gluten-free I didn't eat fried chicken very much, but it was one of those dishes that I would really crave from time to time. Maybe once every two months. There are no restaurants that sell a GF version of fried chicken, so when I realized I hadn't had any in 8 months, I knew I was going to have to try some at home.

My brother had recommended my sister-in-law's recipe for Paleo fried chicken, but I waited until I was literally DYING for a fix to attempt it. I didn't have all of the ideal ingredients (and I really don't know how to fry chicken), and it was STILL deliciously amazing, and also amazingly delicious.

How-to:
Split chicken breasts and season as normal. Take three bowls and put coconut shreds in the first, coconut flour in the second, and a few whipped eggs in the third. Coat the chicken in egg, dredge in flour, coat in egg again, and roll in loose coconut. Fry in coconut (or olive) oil until golden brown and fully cooked.

I think I might try bone-in chicken next time...and I might start it in the pan and finish it in the oven. I might need to invest in a cast-iron skillet. Oh the (golden, fried) possibilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment