Monday, January 23, 2012

you like purple, right?



I've had the Bella Mittens queued for forever. Like, before I knew how to knit in the round, before I ever thought I could learn to do cables, and certainly before I had ever considered watching or reading the Twilight books. Now...forever later, I've done all these things and I still want to knit the mittens. Plus, I'm going to Alaska...I'll need mittens, right?

I had the idea that I would knit them in Madeline Tosh chunky. The problem? It would require two skeins. So...$20 mittens would be $40 mittens...and I couldn't bring myself to do it. I started searching for a suitable substitute, but no matter how I diced it, I was going to be spending $20 and none of the colors were right. I eventually realized that I had enough natural chunky in my stash, so I cooked up a batch.

It's not the exact color I was going for, but I really do love it. I love the subtle variations in color as they look on the skein, but I'm anxious to see how it looks when it's knit.


I was trying to think of a colorway, and since it's a Twilight-inspired pattern, it seemed only appropriate to have a Twilight-inspired colorway name..."you like purple, right?"

2 comments:

  1. it's a lovely color... I can't wait to see them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 the Bella Mittens! (No comment at this time on the inspiration for said pattern.)

    I think they'll look awesome!

    ReplyDelete