Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Déjà vu

How many times will my honey cowl be featured as my WIP before I actually finish it? Shortly after my last post, I realized that, 1 - I had twisted the stitches when I joined in the round, and 2 - I had dropped a stitch and the person who helped me pick it up, did it wrong. The twist made me mad, but I could have handled it. The dropped stitch mishap? No.


So I swore off the entire project. Ripped it out, put the yarn back on the shelf and started looking for a new project. But I kept seeing people with their finished honey cowl...on Ravelry, in magazines, and amongst my friends. So I decided to begin again, and I'm super glad that I did. I'm right at halfway done, and the pattern is now mindless. Great TV/meetup project. I hope that the next time I'm posting about it, it'll be finished and blocked. Fingers crossed.

Side note: I've changed my mind a thousand times on whether I'm a fan of this colorway (I'd like it with more blue). My friend Melanie said it looks like a mermaid's tail and I've loved it ever since!

1 comment:

  1. It does look like a mermaid's tail! I think it's gorgeous. I've been trying to decide if I should cast on the Honey Cowl, but I just can't decide.

    ReplyDelete