Friday, January 13, 2012

what's the deal with bucket lists anyway?

I've been working on a bucket list. Does anyone really have a list? Like a real one - on paper, or in a journal, or on a blog? When there's something that I've always wanted to do or really, really WANT to do now, I'll claim it's a bucket list item, but is it? And is there a limit to how many bucket list items you can have? What are the rules to this whole thing? I mean, please tell me.

In the meantime, I think one of my bucket list items is to visit every state. I spent most of my life wishing to go to Europe, the Caribbean, any place but the U.S. Then my very wise friend Margaret said "sweet pea, you should see America first, it's really a very beautiful country". I didn't see her truth then, but I do now. Thus far, my travels are petty:



A secondary goal is to buy local yarn/visit a LYS in every state. Since I haven't been a knitter my whole life, I've only done this in a handful of states:


If things go as planned, I'll add three more states to both maps this year - Seattle, Alaska, and California. Game on, y'all.

1 comment:

  1. One of my goals is to visit every state too! I've been to 25 of the 50 states. :)

    ReplyDelete