Tuesday, March 6, 2012

pizza & subs

Some old favorites are hard to duplicate as gluten-free dishes, but we're getting better at it. Which mostly has to do with finding better products. Against the Grain has FANTASTIC pizza crusts and baguettes, which make pizza and hot subs possible once more!

This is a fresh mozzerella and sausage pie with Jose's homemade sauce (yum!). The sausage was freshly made at Whole Foods and we chatted with the maker herself to find out what was in it, and to confirm that it's GF. Hooray for nice people!


We bought some additional sausage and Jose made meatballs to go with his amazing sauce. We had just enough leftovers for an easy meatball sub dinner. Seriously, that was the best meal I've had in 2012. We used to do the meatball sub thing pretty regularly, but I hadn't been able to have one since last April. Being gluten-free doesn't kill me the way I thought it would, but it certainly does make me appreciate the little things in life!

1 comment: