Monday, March 12, 2012

upcycling t-shirts into pillows



Jose has several Phish shirts acquired during years of fanhood and touring and show enjoying, but not enough for a quilt or any other large projects. When we pulled them all out to look at them, I realized that they would probably make pretty good throw pillows. We've painted most of our walls grey to serve as a backdrop for colorful art and accents, and these shirts are certainly colorful. Plus, you know I love adding some sentimental touches wherever possible.

I looked at patterns, but couldn't really find one that I liked. So I made it up. And surprisingly, it turned out well!



And the back:


Jose helped me pick the fabric, which is fun. We have four or five to go...looking forward to having them finished! By the way, thanks a ton to Tina for the interfacing tip. The stuff is magic.

1 comment: