Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Breakfast at Tiffany's (for Jose's birthday)

So I gave the breakdown of the quiches I made for Jose's party, but there was so much more going on that night. All of our friends are wonderful cooks, and their dishes included: cheese grits, tofu-potato scramble, poached eggs with a steak-salsa garnish, chocolate chocolate chip muffins, barbecued sausage, and amazing fruit.

And did I mention the mimosa contest? Our friends have been kicking around the idea of a brunch with a mimosa throw-down, so I roped that into our celebration. I had an idea for scoring the drinks in an orderly fashion, but the drinks started flowing early in the evening and I didn't get good pics of all the concoctions (or the 8 empty champagne bottles at the end of the evening). I did manage a few good pics here and there...

the evening's first pour

Miranda looooves Puggie!

a sampling of the homemade juice blends for the contest (all delicious)

it's been a long time since we've had a girls pic,
but this was a must since we have a new girl - Puggie!

Jose's cake - a stack of cinnamon crumb slices from
the neighborhood deli - yummmm!

the boys, kickin' it like ninjas

entertaining takes a lot out of Berger

Happy Birthday, Jose. Here's to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment