Saturday, June 18, 2011

roasted red pepper hummus



I'm trying to do a better job of following a recipe to the letter the first time I try it and then making enhancements/alterations in subsequent attempts. This was my first hummus try and I would say it was successful overall. I used a 4.5 star recipe from allrecipes.com, and I've tweaked it a bit and listed my version below.

3 cloves garlic
15 oz garbanzo beans
1/3 cup tahini
1/3 cup lemon juice
a touch of lemon zest
2/3 cup roasted red peppers
1/3 teaspoon dried basil

In food processor, combine garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon zest and juice. Process until the mixture is smooth. Add roasted peppers and basil; process until the peppers are finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer hummus to small bowl, cover and chill until you are ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment