Tuesday, June 14, 2011

wedding cowl

This time last year I took a yarn painting class from Nancy Shroyer at the Carolina FiberFest. I used the colors from my wedding as inspiration for the first skein I painted and I've changed my mind 20 times in the past 12 months about what I should knit with it.



In the end I chose a basic cowl pattern from the 2010 issue of KnitScene Easy. After I finished the project, I realized that Nancy's daugher, Lisa Shroyer, wrote the pattern. So the mom taught me to dye the yarn and her daughter provided the perfect pattern - what a small knitting world we live in!


I think it turned out pretty well. For Christmas last year, Jose gave me a pair of earrings that match the yarn perfectly, so now I just have to wait for some cooler weather and then work up the nerve to wear such vibrant colors! Perhaps I'll debut it publicly on our sixth anniversary this September.

See the 2nd skein I dyed and the final project I knit with it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment