Wednesday, July 6, 2011

the house: a work in progress...

I love our house. I really, really do. But sometimes the projects overwhelm me. The part that most stresses me is the front yard. Well, also the backyard, but honestly, the backyard is SO bad that I don't even consider it a project. I consider it a lost cause.

We've been handling projects one at a time, and I've been taking photos the whole way, but I think I've been waiting to do an "all done" post before sharing them. Well, if I'm honest with myself - really honest - then I know the "all done" post won't happen for quite some time. Maybe a decade or so (if ever).

So here's an angle of the house from the right - Winter of 2009, just after we bought the place:


And here's that same angle in the Spring of 2011. Notice that the shutters are gone and the entire house has been painted. Jose and I did all of the painting ourselves.


Here's a front view of the house, Winter 2009, pre-paint:


And the view in Spring 2011:


From these shots you probably get the idea that the previous homeowner LOVED to plant things. The problem is that they never really maintained it, and now it's a little out of control. Also, these angles don't do justice to the height and amount of vinca and ivy that are growing a little out of control. I keep reminding myself that it's just one day at a time, one season at a time, one project at a time, but I just want to do it all. Now. In the meantime, I'm open to any and all suggestions, tips, and tricks from all of my creative and green-thumbed pals!

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful!!!!!!! I'll have to visit you during the spring

    ReplyDelete