Wednesday, July 20, 2011

rasta neckwarmer


I saw the Rasta Neckwarmer shop sample at Yarn Tree Studio last week and fell in love. I sometimes get "crazy eyes" while I'm in a yarn shop and buy buy buy and then end up not making the project, so I left the yarn and gave myself a one week cooling off period. At the end of the week I was even more enthusiastic about the project than I was initially, so I pulled the trigger.

One skein of Malabrigo Rasta yarn in Zarzamora + 3 hours of knitting and button sewing time + my friend Megan's time spent deconstructing and reconstructing the pattern = perfection. All time and money was well spent. Thanks to Katherine for letting me borrow her giant size 17 needles. Big props also to Megan for her work on the pattern! She's the Yoda of knitting and I couldn't have done this without her.


No comments:

Post a Comment