Wednesday, July 27, 2011

pizza pizza!

Since going gluten-free, I have really really really missed pizza. Really. I've tried a couple of restaurant and pre-made pizzas and they just don't add up. Now we've moved on to buying various GF crusts and testing them at home. Our first attempt was SO superior to these other pizzas, so fantastic. It can only get better from here and that makes me happy.

It started with Udi's personal-sized crusts. We topped them with:
tomato sauce we made with pan roasted zucchini*, eggplant, peppers, tomatoes*, and onions
basil pesto*
fresh mozzarella
basil leaves*
tomato slices*
feta crumbles


before...



I forgot to take an after photo until I was down to my last slice. Not the most beautiful slice, but if you could have a bite, you would taste the beauty :)


*ingredients fresh from the garden

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, that looks good! How long did you bake them (& at what temp)??

    Pizza is what I have missed most since my diagnosis as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we used the temp on the packaging (375, i think) and about 12 minutes. i let it go until the crust is well browned and the cheese is well melted.

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete