Tuesday, July 12, 2011

roasted corn and bell pepper salsa


We went to a July 4th cookout where the theme was "summer". For my dish, I immediately thought of corn and then subsequently, my favorite non-traditional salsa - roasted corn and bell pepper.

I never write down my exact calculations and I always swear that I'll remember what I did, but I never really do. So this time, I did my best to remember it all for next time.

4-5 ears of corn (or 2 cans)
2 bell peppers, diced
1/2 red onion, minced
2 serano peppers, minced
2-3 limes, juiced
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt

Heat olive oil in pan and add corn. Cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, remove pan from heat and add salt to taste. Set aside to cool.

When cooled, mix the corn, bell peppers, onion and cilantro and toss with the lime juice, vinegar, and sugar. If desired, add more salt to taste. Serve immediately (and watch it disappear).

No comments:

Post a Comment