Monday, August 29, 2011

leafy-leaf hadband


Some time ago, my magical friend Kyndle sent a package to me with two skeins of Blue Sky Cotton. I've been so excited about it that I haven't knit anything with it. Why? Because it's beautiful and I didn't want it to be gone!

I had it in my head that I would knit a hat with the blue, but the patterns weren't turning out the way I wanted. Cotton has less give and take than wool does, and ultimately, I was afraid that it might stretch out and never retract.

Sooo...I started researching headband patterns. I settled on the (free) Blue Leaf Headband pattern on Ravelry. A very fun, super quick knit...and I even had a button in my stash that pleased and sparkled. WINNING!


And I love it. LOVE. At less than half a skein of yarn, this may be the year of the headband...

Yarn: Blue Sky Cotton
Color: 604 Aloe

No comments:

Post a Comment