Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WIP Wednesday: first sweater



One of my goals for the year was to knit a sweater for myself. I've been knitting long enough to take on a bigger project, and I'm a little bored with the same-old. I toiled over which pattern to use (way more than I'm willing to admit), but I knew that if I wasn't excited about it, if I was *too* bored to death with it, that I'd never finish it.

The Raglan (asymmetrical) Cardi from Knit Simple won, hands down! To make the deal a little sweeter, two of my (incredibly talented) knitting friends agreed to do make the sweater as well - knit-a-long style! My yarn? The very affordable Encore Tweed, in grey.

So far, I'm totally loving it. AND I think I'm on pace to finish it by the end of the year, but secretly (I guess now it's a little less of a secret), I hope to have it ready to wear on Thanksgiving. I would cross my fingers right now, but it's clear that I need them freed up for knitting.

1 comment:

  1. You are so brave! My first sweater was a baby sweater because I figured that if I screwed it up horribly, it was less of an investment of time and yarn.

    ReplyDelete