Wednesday, December 21, 2011

4th grade fun!

It just so happens that the holiday parties for both my nephew's 4th grade class and my niece's 5th grade class happened during my visit home last week. Lucky for me, the kids like me and invited me to attend :) I'm here to tell you that I was entirely amused from the minute I walked in until the minute I left. Those kids are my favorites. In the whole world.

Jake's class had a really organized party - the teacher had six stations set up with a different activity at each one. I got too caught up in helping with activities to photo-document each one, but I did manage to get my favorites.

What holiday party would be complete without ornament making? Here's Jake working on his:


I'm certain that every parent/aunt/uncle/grandparent thinks their kid produces the best stuff, but for real - this was the best ornament there. LOVE.



The cookie decorating station was a favorite. There were sugar cookies that kids would top with icing and then a giant marshmallow. Red and green M&Ms and piping bags with icing were used to decorate the cookie like a snowman.


Fun kid story: Jake walked over to one of his classmates who was using all green M&Ms and all green frosting and said "you going all green this year, buddy?" and clapped his hand on his back like a grownup asking about some home improvement project. Super. Double. Extra. CUTE.

The finished cookie:


The teacher told me that she got this idea from Pinterest. I wasn't surprised since Pinterest is the best. The kids were all super focused on making their snowmen, and I didn't hear anyone complaining about their sugar cookie topped and decorated with sugar. Win, win, win.

2 comments:

  1. "You going all green this year, buddy?" - Lol! That's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was chuckling to myself and fighting back the tears. i've never seen a kid that's so fun and so sweet at the same time!

    ReplyDelete