Monday, December 19, 2011

socks fit for a yoga master



When my mother-in-law said that my sister-in-law was taking up yoga and had asked for a mat this Christmas, I decided to knit some yoga socks to complete her ensemble. I used my friend Meg's pattern as the basis, and was completely pleased with the results.

First, her instructions were so much simpler than the ones I saw on Ravelry. Second, it's written in a way that you can change up the ribbing, add various cables or stitches...the possibilities are endless. Third, they knit up quick and are great for stash busting. It just so happens that I had some Encore in my stash leftover from the owlie sack and hat, and it was the perfect yarn for this. Soft, durable, and just stretchy enough. Love, love, love!

No comments:

Post a Comment