Thursday, December 22, 2011

5th grade fun!

Niece's party was less structured, but just as much fun as nephew's. The kids all had their snacks at their desk and some craft projects traveled the room so the kids just stayed put. I got to see her desk and her cluster of friends...crazy adorable.

Sam and friend...


A Venn diagram of gift preferences. The librarian in me LOVED this.


Sam was dying to make this ornament. We were at the very end of the craft circuit, so you can imagine how hard it was to wait out the suspense. I got her here focusing so intently that her tongue is out, Michael Jordan style...but I somehow missed a photo of the finished product. Aunt fail.


Sam has a painting in her room that Jose and I wanted to buy from her. She set the price at $6,000, which is just out of our reach. This was a drawing of hers on display at school that she offered up for a mere $1,000. I took a picture instead, insisting that I would just print copies for myself :)


To commemorate the day, we did a self-portrait. She declared it a great Facebook pic, and I completely agree. She's such a good mini-me.

1 comment: