Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 goals - 3 outta 5 ain't bad?

So I have to say that I'm more than disappointed in my 2011 goals progress, but 2012 is a new year, right? To recap:

Goal 1 was to work through Rosetta Stone Spanish. I didn't even touch it. Now we have a new computer, so I'll need to find my CDs and reload it. Give it another go.

Goal 2 was to bike at least 400 miles. In reality, I probably biked half of that. Pathetic. I could have biked a thousand miles if I was diligent, so there's really no excuse.

That was the bad news. And really, I'm taking these failures as an opportunity for growth in 2012. I totally killed my final three goals.

Goal 3 was to read at least 12 books, and I read exactly 12.

Goal 4 was to make significant headway on my yarn stash, and I did. I think I knit more than I bought this year, which was helped by all the yarn swapping I did. Fun, fun. Also, I organized my stash with a new crafty area, so I'm not as stressed about the amount of yarn I have.

Goal 5 was to knit a sweater. While it isn't a done deal yet, I'm well on my way. I have only the sleeves left, so if I don't finish by the time the clock runs out on the 31st, I'm certain it will be done soon thereafter, so I consider this a win. Ultimately, Christmas knitting threw off my plans of a 4th quarter sweater, but now I know to do better planning next year.

I may not have met all of my goals, but I did get some things done in 2011 that I didn't expect to do until much later (or at all). We put in planter boxes for a vegetable garden when the original plan was for 2012. We rescued a Pug, which I didn't think would happen for at least 3-5 more years. We hosted Jose's family for Thanksgiving + Christmas (at Thanksgiving). We raised some money for the SPCA of Wake County. I hosted a great workshop for NCSLA. And I learned how to be gluten-free. One great, busy year behind me, and another on deck! Let's do this, 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment