Friday, December 24, 2010

Carne Guisada

As cold weather approached this year, Jose and I resolved to make more soups and stews. I had my eye on a few in the Puerto Rican cookbook that my MiL gave me several Christmases ago, the carne guisada recipe was at the top of that list. It seemed like a nice, cozy Christmas Eve meal, so away I went!

the ingredients (about 40 minutes worth of prep)...















tostones de pana in the pan...















the final product (served over rice)...















and my first (delicious) spoonful...















I am willing to go out on a limb here and say that this is the most delicious thing I've ever cooked. And easy! Prep-intensive, but easy. This may be our new Christmas Eve tradition (and also our Christmas and day-after-Christmas tradition, because it yielded SO MUCH FOOD)!

No comments:

Post a Comment