Wednesday, December 22, 2010

nye menu planning

As has become tradition, we are hosting a New Year's Eve party this year. I said in the invite that we would make some good ole pork bbq for sammiches and that we would have apps-and-desserts-a-plenty. I invited folks to bring a side if they'd like, though I plan to also have that aspect covered.

If you know me, you know I love the SmittenKitchen blog. So over the past several months, I've earmarked some recipes that I might like to make for the party. I'm certainly open to suggestions, in fact, I wish you would send any and all favorites to me! Factors that will make a recipe more appealing to me: lack of meat (I do have some veggie friends who would appreciate being able to eat at my party) and the ability to pre-cook so that I'm not frantically trying to get timing right. If your recipes don't fit those categories, send them anyway. There are exceptions to every rule.

Starters
feta salsa
garlic butter roasted mushrooms recipe
fried cheese balls with guava dipping sauce

Side dishes
sweet potato
eggplant toast
spicy squash salad with lentils and goat cheese
zucchini and almond pasta salad.

The sweets
Mamaw Self's peanut butter fudge
iced oatmeal cookies
gingerbread apple upside-down cake.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking some sort of salad that doesn't have pasta in it, like a spinach and arugula salad. This one sounds tasty, but I think also wouldn't need to be wilted if you didn't want, say if your stove was busy doing other things.
    http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1945,159162-243194,00.html

    ReplyDelete