Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sick and Slouchy

I've been sick for the majority of this past week...and for most of the time, I didn't even feel like knitting. In the beginning though, I redboxed a few movies, curled up with my slanket and knitted the slouchy beret pattern that a friend recently found on Ravelry.

The yarn is a Malabrigo Merino Worsted that I picked up at the Quarter Stitch in New Orleans.

the cables, up-close...















it's a shame that the best photo of all has such distorted color...


















With the leftovers, I knit a headband from a pattern someone gave me a while back. I really love this yarn. I wish I had 4 more skeins in my stash. Alas.

Berger hearts the headband.



5 comments:

  1. loveLOVElove.

    seriously, this kind of hat is on my "ONE day I'll be able to make this and then my life will be complete" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought so too. seriously, it's so easy. if you learned to knit, you could be making this within 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the pattern I have: http://crochet-mania-hats.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-08-22T10:59:00-07:00&max-results=7

    but I like the yours so much, I think I'm going to look around more to find one closer to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to learn to knit so bad! I used to with my grandmother but that was oh....when I was 12?? And I never left beginner status. I want to make this hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you should! there are so many sites with teaching videos now...try knittinghelp.com. grab some cheap needles and yarn at michael's, work through some videos...i bet you would be ready to make this hat in no time at all!

    ReplyDelete