Thursday, December 2, 2010

Nemesis
















I'd like you to meet my Nemesis, silk sari yarn.

I met silk sari back at The Quarter Stitch in New Orleans, where I paid much too much for something I hate. If you had explained to me then exactly how much this would hurt my hands...I probably would have still bought it. That's how much I love the look of it.

My plan from the get-go was to make a clutch. I found one similar to my vision in Ravelry to show you. I have ripped it out and started over with so many different needles (hoping that the needles were the problem) that it's literally unraveling. So. I know that when I begin this time, it has to be my last time, no matter what.

After reading commentary on Ravelry, I now know that it's not the needles, it's the yarn. So I'm going to suck it up and try to get it finished. Man, that'll be a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I bought this exact same yarn at The Quarter Stitch in New Orleans three years ago and you are right it was very expensive. I made a triangle shawl but did not judge it right and cannot finish my cast off.
    (BTW- i got your blog site from Ana's FB. I just going the WAQG) I have a huge stash of yarn. I have vowed to use what I have before I buy more (unless it is for a baby afghan that I crochet for special people in my life; I'm currently way behind- I finished two and have four more to crochet).
    I loved looking at your projects.
    Becky Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it as hard on your hands as it has been on mine? I keep looking at it in the basket, but I am just so unmotivated to work on it!

    ReplyDelete