Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Finished Project Two: Second City Socks

In 2009, I began a new tradition of buying sock yarn in every city that I visited so that the result would be a really great souvenir (once the socks were knit). The idea is that I would have my New York socks, my Orlando socks, my New Orleans socks, and so on.

The first city that I visited after making this vow was Chicago, the Second City. This particular yarn was purchased at Knitwerks and the colorway was a Lorna's Laces custom lot named for the store.

Coincidentally, this is my second pair of socks. They have been sitting incomplete and unwearable, because I needed to finish a toe. Really? One toe stopped me from finishing these socks for at least four months. Shame. So I sat down and made myself finish them.

My second city, second socks...in baby cable rib:





2 comments:

  1. fabulous idea. what's the difference between "sock" yarn and non-sock yarn? thickness? softness? I see it a lot at the big box craft stores but haven't investigated it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's thinner, lighter. and you can actually do much more with it than just knit socks. there's a book coming out (maybe it's already out) that has 101 one-skein sock yarn projects. i've requested it for christmas :)

    http://www.amazon.com/Sock-Yarn-One-Skein-Wonders-Patterns/dp/1603425799

    ReplyDelete