Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Hatsgiving!

So many reasons to be thankful...not just today, but everyday. I have a wonderful husband, fantastic family and family-in-law, fabulous friends and the most phenomenal brown dog that any girl could ask for.

Today I'm particularly thankful for our wonderful friends, Hadley and Diane, who are hosting us for Thanksgiving. Diane saw me making a Japanese Chulla out of Noro Iro yarn a few months ago and she loved it. This is a pattern I got for free at Rosie's Yarn Cellar in Philadelphia and I have absolutely fallen in love with it. Whenever I see Iro on sale somewhere, I buy some because I never get tired of making this hat. I had two more skeins left in my stash and they only take about four hours each, so I knocked those out this week.

I was trying to decide who to give the first one to and my husband asked if he could have it. Note: he has never asked me to make him anything and has never expressed an interest in anything knitted, so I was happy to give it to him. The second was specifically made for Diane. I know she's probably spending twice as much time cooking our feast as I spent on the hat, so it's just a small "thank you" for her hospitality and willingness to let Jose and I disrupt her family meal.

(l to r) jose, me, diane













me and jose :)




No comments:

Post a Comment