Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Social Knitting...with Knitters!

I previously declared myself a social knitter, but I never knit with other knitters. I usually knit with my non-knitting friends while having happy hour, watching football or at the movies. My non-knitting friends are always very impressed with what I'm doing and very complimentary. I think they are sincere, but they also may not know if something looks bad, being non-knitters and all. So I'm totally safe.

A friend of a (non-knitting) friend just suggested a Meetup.com knitting group that meets in Raleigh. I've been invited to groups in Durham and Chapel Hill, but that's just too far. Now, now I have something right here at home. So I signed up. I hope I like it. I think that a group could keep me motivated to keep knitting my stash even when I am down to the most boring of yarns.

My first meet up is next Wednesday, so I'll see soon enough if I fit in with the real knitters :)

1 comment: