Wednesday, May 4, 2011

fiesta frock



No, I am not pregnant. I wanted to get that out there before anyone had the chance to go there. I decided to make this dress for a number of reasons. First of all, it's adorable...you know it to be true.

Second, I'm never prepared when my friends have babies, so knitting a few baby wear-ables will help me get a head start on that front.

Third, this pattern came from the One Skein Wonders: Sock Yarn book that Jose gave me for Christmas, so I had the yarn in my stash. If you remember, my two knitting goals for the year were to deplete my stash and to knit myself a sweater. I am realizing that the money commitment for the yarn to make my sweater is going to be significant, and I want to make sure it's as perfect as it can be...and practice makes perfect.

That being said, this dress is not perfect, but a lot of love went into it. I definitely learned from my mistakes and I think if I make a few more baby pieces, my technique will be stellar. I still need to pick three small buttons for the right shoulder. I'm not happy with anything in my stash, so the search continues...

0-3 months
Lorna's Laces - Knitwerks
Chicago souvenir yarn

2 comments:

  1. Okay, now I'm having a kid specifically so it can wear this. Boy or girl, either will do. ;) So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love. I like the colors and you could definitely crank out a few solids too. This really would make a great baby gift.

    I love the bottom edging and "waist band" I don't think baby clothes technically have a waist band but I like breaks up the contrast of the top and bottom. nice pattern.

    ReplyDelete