Thursday, May 12, 2011

Stash snapshot - 5 months later

It's been over 5 months since I took a "snapshot" of my yarn. I've knitted a lot, but I also acquired quite a bit at the yarn swap a few months ago. It's been driving me crazy that I have no idea exactly what I have. I mean, I have a good idea about what's there, but I wanted some sort of organization. If I have a project in mind, I want at a glance info that tells me whether I have options to complete that pattern. I decided to create a Google Doc spreadsheet with the details of my stash in it. This way, I can access it from any computer, update it very easily, and sort, search and review at will. It took me about an hour to complete and it's already paying off - I didn't think I had ANY DK weight, and I actually do!



Now, I have to say that after preparing this post I helped my friend Melissa clean out her stash. That consisted of sorting through some amazing yarns, talking about projects, organizing, and occasionally answering the (rhetorical) question - "do you want this yarn?" Here's a photo of the haul I got from her:



I think I should pay this kindness forward and send some of my stash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment