Wednesday, May 18, 2011

frozen peanut butter treats

If nothing else, Berger and I have one thing in common: a love of peanut butter. I think that given his choice of filet mignon or peanut butter, he would choose peanut butter. We've never given him that kind of choice, but maybe we should.

In any case, knowing that PB is his fav, I try to hook him up as much as possible. I haven't made this frosty treat for him in quite some time and since it's getting warmer out, it seemed like the appropriate time.

Making it is easy...
Melt a cup or so of peanut butter (I probably used 1.5 cups, because I really love my Berg).




Once melted, remove the pan from the eye, add 32 oz of plain or vanilla yogurt, mix well.

Fill cupcake pan to the brim (or to the serving size desired) and freeze. Once well frozen, use a knife and a little elbow grease to pry them out and store them in a freezer bag. Using cupcake cups would be easier, but why waste paper if it isn't necessary, right?



5 comments:

  1. interesting. I might have to try that soon for Jack and Charlie.

    You know, there are silicon reusable cupcake wrappers. We have some and I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI, this blog is so much MORE than just a girl and her knitting needles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. christy - i had no idea! do you think they would easily peel away from the frozen yogurt?

    miranda - thank you for finally posting something that jose felt was worthy of a (non-anonymous) comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could always start out with a small pack of them and it they don't work, you can use them for muffins and cupcakes. (or even freezing basil/pesto)

    ReplyDelete