Friday, September 9, 2011

blueprints of a dream



This may not look like much to you, but it's my craft workspace brainchild, sketched by Jose. I've been craving a dedicated space for all of my knitting supplies, but in the interest of being tidy, my stuff is all tucked in bins that are not-so-strategically scattered about my house. For those of you with any sort of crafty hobby, you completely know what I'm talking about and you feel my pain. Anyway, the result of me trying to be non-intrusive, is that I'm overly-intrusive. There are projects and supplies everywhere. It drives Jose crazy, and it really gets under the skin of the uber-planner/organizer in me. And it tempts Puggie to do bad things - by the way, she doesn't really need me to enable her, she gets into enough on her own.

So my latest kick is that I want a sewing machine. I've sewn a lot of things by hand over the years, and I have a half-finished quilt tucked away in a closet...PLUS, my friends Christy and Tina talked about (and flaunted) their sewn goods until I caved. Well, that was really the straw that broke the craft supply camel's back...I carved out a corner of our guest room, and after much measuring and online browsing, I came up with this configuration. I used painters tape to mark it up and see if it would work and Jose was nice enough to sketch it all out. It works, and I love it. Now comes the hard part: material retrieval and construction. Stay tuned.

1 comment: