Tuesday, September 27, 2011

adventures in candy making



Gluten-free baking is challenging, so I have taken up candy making. As of last week. I'd been bookmarking truffle and fudge recipes for a few months, and my (first gluten-free) birthday seemed like the perfect time to bust them out. I looked over my collection and decided to go with the dark chocolate and orange cups with toasted coconut and almonds. The really were as easy and delicious as the recipe made them sound! I needed a second dessert, so I decided to use the same principle with white chocolate and peanut butter. Wow. These are a few of my favorite things...and in cup form, they did not disappoint!

I followed the first recipe almost exactly (I used a few more almonds and a little more coconut). The recipe yielded about 9 cups.

For the peanut butter cups, I used 2 cups of white chocolate chips and a few heavy dollops of peanut butter. I hate when people use terms like "dollop" in recipes, but the truth is that you should put in a few tablespoons if you kinda like PB, and more like 4-5 if you love it. I love it.

Make sure to spray your cupcake tin with olive oil before you pour and set. I popped them right out with a toothpick and then stacked them on a plate in the fridge until I was ready to serve them.

They were so good that I'm already plotting my next free-style candy cups. Suggestions are welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment