Tuesday, September 20, 2011

smells like money



Whenever someone mentions Madeline Tosh yarn, I always say "mmmm, smells like money". Why? Because it's pricey stuff. Pricey, but amazing. I've never bought any, but I saw the Honey Cowl in a magazine and decided that I had to have it. But I didn't seek the yarn out, I just milled the idea around in my head for a few months, until I ran across THE yarn in THE color in a yarn shop. Now that I have it, I can't bring myself to wind it and start the project. Should I make the cowl? Something else?

So I have two skeins, 450 yards (DK)...any alternate pattern suggestions? I want to make sure I do the yarn justice - after all, it does smell like money.

2 comments:

  1. I have some now, too! Melanie got me a skein for my birthday, so I splurged and bought the second skein so I can make the Honey Cowl and be cool like everyone else. You should too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like this one: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/a-grey-loop

    ReplyDelete